Mon, Aug 09|
3rd Annual Sunflower Festival at Alvis Farms
Due to the Weather we will be CLOSED today, Saturday, August 7, 2021. Join us for our LAST day of the season, Sunday, August 8, 2021 from 9am to 8pm. Festival Days: Thurs, July 29 - Sun, August 8 Weekend Hours: 9am - 8pm Weekday Hours: 8am - 10am & 5pm - 8pm
Time & Location
Aug 09, 2021, 9:02 AM – 9:04 AM
Manakin-Sabot, 1080 Seay Rd, Manakin-Sabot, VA 23103, USA
About the Event
Due to the Weather we will be CLOSED today, Saturday, August 7, 2021. Join us for our LAST day of the season, Sunday, August 8, 2021 from 9am to 8pm.
- This is an outside festival on a farm. Please dress appropriately. Closed toe shoes are strongly encouraged. *Please bring your own scissors or pruning sheers, sunflower stems are thick and hard to break.* *No outside food or drinks (2 unopened water bottles are allowed). While dogs are allowed (on leashes), please use your best judgement due to the excessive heat.*
This is an outside event; however, if you have traveled outside of the US in the last 14 days or experienced any of the following symptoms please do not enter.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Sunflowers are extremely popular photography backdrops and props. We are excited to offer our family farm's sunflower fields as a location for making memories, a place to gather with customers, and for photographers to utilize this summer! We love having friends and family out to visit, and we always enjoy seeing our farm featured in your beautiful photos! We are a working farm and we ask that you respect this private property. If you plan to visit our sunflower fields we ask that you follow our guidelines below.
Festival attendees, vendors, and photographers are permitted under the following guidelines:
- The Sunflower Festival at Alvis Farms runs from Thursday, July 29 through Sunday, August 8. Weekday hours are from 8am to 10am and 5pm to 8pm. Weekend hours are from 9am to 8pm. No one is allowed on property after event hours without a confirmed scheduled private appointment (see below). When we are not open to the public, you may only enter with special permission.
- ATTENTION - Under Virginia law, there is no liability for an injury to or death of a participant in an agritourism activity conducted at this agritourism location if such injury or death results from the inherent risks of the agritourism activity. Inherent risks of agritourism activities include, among others, risks of injury inherent to land, equipment, and animals, as well as the potential for you to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to your injury or death. You are assuming the risk of participating in this agritourism activity.
- All farm policies must be followed. You must remain in designated open areas, and pay for any flowers you pick which should only be done in the Pick Your Own Patch. Picking is not encouraged anywhere else on the property. Please do not climb trees, flatten flowers, litter, or act in any unsafe manner. Please be respectful and aware of other people and our flowers. We are a family farm, appropriate attire must be worn at all times. We allow a camera only. No lighting, ladders, props, etc. Stay on the paths. No picture is worth damaging the field for others. Stay off all farm equipment including and not limited to tractors, etc. Do not enter neighboring fields. Do not open any gates. Do not climb on fences. Park in designated parking areas only. All attendees must be fully and appropriately clothed (i.e., no nudity, swimsuits, lingerie, etc.) No alcoholic beverages may be brought onto the premises. No smoking will be permitted on the premises. Photography sessions may not disrupt visitor access, employee access, or special events. We expect all visitors to be respectful of our farm, our animals and our fields at all times. Anyone not abiding by any portion of this policy will be asked to leave the farm immediately. Our policies are subject to change without notice.
- We welcome canvas artists or landscape artists to use the fields. We request that you follow the guidelines above.
- Professional and novice photographers where ever possible, we ask that you provide us with quality photos that we could use for marketing purposes, with permissions as we would like to also support your business and highlight your work as well.
- If you are taking photography/videography for advertising or mass media purposes, please contact us in advance; we are happy to work with you if we are able. A different fee schedule may apply.
- No drone/aerial photography is permitted at any time without permission from management.
- If you are on our property without permission during non-event hours, you are trespassing. We do prosecute. This is a working family farm and our crops are our livelihood. Alvis Farms reserves the right to refuse admittance for photography or videography and/or change its photo policy without advanced notice. Some areas of the farm may not be available the day of your shoot due to Alvis Farms programming, events or unforeseen circumstances.
- All attendees agree to hold harmless Alvis Farms and their agents, staff and family from any injury while on the property.
Please respect our private property, help us keep the insurance lady happy, and enjoy your photos and memories by following our guidelines!
Ticket includes 1 stem (from pick-your own patch - please bring your own scissors or pruning sheers). Ticket valid for festival entry for one day only. Weekdays Hours: 8am - 10am & 5pm - 8pm Weekend Hours: 9am - 8pm This is an outside festival on a farm. Please dress appropriately. Closed toe shoes are strongly encouraged. *No outside food or drinks (2 unopened water bottles are allowed). While dogs are allowed (on leashes), please use your best judgement due to the excessive heat.*
Sunflower Kids 5&<
Ticket valid for festival entry for one day only. Weekdays Hours: 8am - 10am & 5pm - 8pm Weekend Hours: 9am - 8pm This is an outside festival on a farm. Please dress appropriately. Closed toe shoes are strongly encouraged. *No outside food or drinks (2 unopened water bottles are allowed). While dogs are allowed (on leashes), please use your best judgement due to the excessive heat.*